Leadership Jones is a leadership development program designed to inform a corps of committed and qualified individuals about the community—it’s past, present, and future, as well as its problems, challenges and directions. Program participants are considered capable of fulfilling leadership positions in the Jones area, the region, and the state
The Leadership Jones program seeks to: identify highly motivated leaders and potential leaders to participate, examine and challenge participants to respond to the needs of the community and the dynamics of social and economic change, develop an esprit de corps among the participants which will provide a common ground for working together on community needs, and create a dialogue and sense of teamwork between the participants and community leaders.
The Program Format
Leadership Jones consists of six full-day sessions that focus on community sectors such as Area Economy, Education, State Government, Media, Arts & Culture, and Quality of Life. During the sessions, class members have an opportunity to meet community leaders in each of the areas, hear from the experts on various topics and take trips throughout the county for a first-hand look at the organizations that relate to each topic. The program begins in October with an and ends in March with a graduation celebration.
Leadership Jones is a countywide endeavor that encourages and facilitates a learning environment that evokes one’s inner passion to serve and lead in the Jones Area.
- Enhance leadership skills and qualities in participants which lead to creative and insightful community solutions
- Develop awareness of community issues by examining the major systems or sectors of our community
- Challenge participants to respond to the social and economic needs of our community
- Develop a common spirit among participants which will provide common ground for working together on present and future community needs
- Ensure broad community future leadership by recruiting emerging leaders with diverse social, economic and professional backgrounds
Who Should Apply?
Leadership Jones is appropriate for any of the following:
- A business person wanting to develop leadership skills for use in the workplace or the community
- A volunteer or board member of a community organization looking to lend greater support to the organization’s development
- A community member wanting to be involved and make a difference in Jones
How Much Does It Cost?
Tuition for Leadership Jones is $300. The expense includes all costs associated with the sessions, meals, transportation, and graduation.